Well and what they want to put in

Users who are viewing this thread

Edward Taylor

Reaction score
I have a 500 ft well this is what the said i would need for a 4br house 4baths 2 half baths and all the other basic, new home
does anyone thing i need to change pump I'm worried about it NOT giving enough pressure
Thanks
Ed

Pump Estimate

Constant Pressure Pump Installation up to 480' with up to 440' offset From Well to structure Price Includes:
1-1/2 HP 230v three phase Franklin Electric Stainless Steel Submersible Pump motor, Franklin Electric 7GPM Stainless Steel Water End, Franklin Electric Subdrive phase converter Constant Pressure Pump Controler, 1-1/4"x 1" Stainless HD External Check Valve, 480' of Sch .80 Threaded PVC Drop Pipe, #22 / 1" Stainless Steel Drop Pipe Couplings, Two 1" Stainless Steel Inline Check valves, Wire splice kits, 490' Of #10/3 Submersible Pump Cable in well, all Trenching, Excavation for Waterline & Wire in offset, up to 500' of 1"x 200 PSI Poly Waterline and #10/3 UF Wire, HD Stainless Steel Pitless Adapter, all Stainless Steel Fittings, 4.5 Gallon Stainless Steel Pressure Tank, Stainless Steel Constant Pressure Manifold Package, 100 psi Pressure Transducer, Whole House Water Filter with 20 Micron Filter Cartridge Steel Mounting Bracket and Brass Fittings, Water Proofing of penetration through foundation for Water Line & Electrical Line Installation, 1" PVC Conduit, 1" PVC Conduit Male, 3/4" Flex Conduit, 1" Stainless Steel Male Insert Adapters, Inside Pex Piping & Fittings and Installation.

**5 Year Pump & Fittings Material Warranty** ** 3 Year Drive Material Warranty**

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I have a 500 ft well this is what the said i would need for a 4br house 4baths 2 half baths and all the other basic, new home
does anyone thing i need to change pump I'm worried about it NOT giving enough pressure
Thanks
Ed

Pump Estimate

Constant Pressure Pump Installation up to 480' with up to 440' offset From Well to structure Price Includes:
1-1/2 HP 230v three phase Franklin Electric Stainless Steel Submersible Pump motor, Franklin Electric 7GPM Stainless Steel Water End, Franklin Electric Subdrive phase converter Constant Pressure Pump Controler, 1-1/4"x 1" Stainless HD External Check Valve, 480' of Sch .80 Threaded PVC Drop Pipe, #22 / 1" Stainless Steel Drop Pipe Couplings, Two 1" Stainless Steel Inline Check valves, Wire splice kits, 490' Of #10/3 Submersible Pump Cable in well, all Trenching, Excavation for Waterline & Wire in offset, up to 500' of 1"x 200 PSI Poly Waterline and #10/3 UF Wire, HD Stainless Steel Pitless Adapter, all Stainless Steel Fittings, 4.5 Gallon Stainless Steel Pressure Tank, Stainless Steel Constant Pressure Manifold Package, 100 psi Pressure Transducer, Whole House Water Filter with 20 Micron Filter Cartridge Steel Mounting Bracket and Brass Fittings, Water Proofing of penetration through foundation for Water Line & Electrical Line Installation, 1" PVC Conduit, 1" PVC Conduit Male, 3/4" Flex Conduit, 1" Stainless Steel Male Insert Adapters, Inside Pex Piping & Fittings and Installation.

**5 Year Pump & Fittings Material Warranty** ** 3 Year Drive Material Warranty**

The most important part in all of that is the 3 year warranty on the Subdrive. The three phase motor locks you into replacing the $1500.00 Subdirve every 3 years, because it is needed to convert your regular single phase house power to three phase for the three phase motor. The Subdrive will also shorten the life of your pump/motor from 30 years to maybe 15 years. Constant pressure is a good thing. How you get it is important, as pump companies make more from the Drive sales these days than they do selling pumps. A normal single phase pump/motor with a big pressure tank would last much longer than the three phase controlled by a VFD or Drive, and save you a ton of money in the long run. If you want constant pressure, adding a Cycle Stop Valve to the single phase pump/motor and regular pressure tank system will make it last even longer by eliminating the cycling. You won't need as large a tank with the Cycle Stop Valve, but I would use at least a 10 gallon size tank with that size pump and CSV.

Here is a video of the cost difference between a conventional large pressure tank system and a VFD or Drive. Adding a CSV to the single phase system would allow the use of a smaller tank, which would make the CSV system even less expensive than the large pressure tank. Adding a CSV also increases the life of the pump, motor, tank, and everything in the system. Using a CSV to get 30 years life out of your pump and equipment instead of 15 will reduce your cost even more. With that pump using a CSV it is important that the static water level is 200' or deeper. If static is less than 200' you can still use a CSV, we just need to check a few things.

Edward Taylor

Reaction score
Going to ask those three ? to the well guy i didn't know their were two systems
My home runs down hill 440 ft from the well head
So i was trying to get good pressure from the well but wasn't explained that thier was two ways to get it
Thanks

Bannerman

Reaction score
Not clear if your home is 440' walking distance downhill from the well head, or is the house actually 440' lower in vertical elevation?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks