Well Aerator will not come on when water is tank is low.

Users who are viewing this thread

RobertPod

Reaction score
:confused: I have an out sideaerator tank that will not come on when water reaches low level. It squirts a s few seconds then stops. The jets have been cleaned. I hear a static sound before it stops.To get house water I need to fill with a hose. I have a new pressure tank, a new in ground pump and solenoids. What could be my problem? Thanks.
Bob

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The pump in the well has to turn on and pump water to have water come out of the spray heads inside the aerator. Is it?

Usually there is a solenoid valve on the line to the spray heads, controlled by a float switch in the water in the aerator, if that doesn't open then water doesn't flow out of the well pump's pressure tank into the spray heads/aerator.

So describe what is or is not happening in more detail.

RobertPod

Reaction score
Aerator water issue

The well pump comes and there is water in the tank. Could my solenoid for the well pump be set incorrectly??? If I turn a screw on the outside of the aerator tank (near a round 4inch or so "thing" attached to a 10 inch arm with my power line coming out, solenoid??) till water comes out, then the aerator jets come on for about 20 seconds then stop.
Thanks
Bob

RobertPod

Reaction score
Aerator Issue

Hello,
I am not a plumber and my terminology and description should help those who are and know about my problem I am sure this is not a unique problem only to my aerator system. It did work before I put a new pressure tank on and well pump. So....
Thanks and have a good day. :cool:
Bob

RobertPod

Reaction score
Aerator Issues

Hello,
Got up this morning and my aerator was down to it's last drops, house water did not come on but pump pushing house water was running. I had to fill aerator tank with water to get water to house. While I was filling the tank the jets inside the aerator tank came on and filled the tank up and turned off. Could it be my SJE PumpMaster Pump Switch that is causing the problem????:confused:
Thanks
Bob

Speedbump

Reaction score
It could be a lot of things. The pressure switch on the well pump, the well pump, the power to the well pump, the float switch (the sje pumpmaster which I am not familiar with) or the solonoid that it controls. That is assuming you have a solonoid valve. We don't know this and we are just guessing by your descripion. The fact that you put on a new tank tells me nothing.

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
RobertPod.... the only two of us that have replied to your problem know everything there is to know about aerators. Neither of us are plumbers. Most plumbers will not know anything about your aerator.

You don't have to be a plumber to give us a clear detailed description of your equipment.

Lose the attitude and give us the description, from the well to the aerator and then past it to the pump and then the pressure tank and we will eventually find your problem for you.

And proof read your reply so you don't leave anything out. Also tell us why you replaced a pressure tank and which one.

Or post a picture of your entire system and answer any questions you're asked.

Currently your well pump is not turning on correctly to refill the aerator when it should and then refill it to the level it should. There can be a number of reasons why.

We don't know yet if you have a solenoid valve (there will be electrical wires to a solenoid valve and it will have a flow direction arrow on it), or if you have a float switch (there will be wires to one of them too) or float valve (like in a toilet tank) etc. etc. etc..

RobertPod

Reaction score
Aerator Issue

Hello,
I have a float sitting in the aerator tank. I assume the tank switch is the solenoid that controls it. There is a blue about 4 inch diameter cover with 6 or 8 screws in it with a water line running through it, it has a screw when opened lets water out and the jets inside the tank go on. Also this blue cover is connected to a set of wires running through a piece of pvc and a lock nut, the whole thing moves when you push it right or left.
You mentioned the well pump not being set corretly. The pressure switch seem to turn off rather quickly when you turn off any valve or hose after using water. My last well pump was set to a slower turn off. But I don't know how to adjust it properly.
I do appreciate your help... I'm just frustrated and tired of checking my tank.
Thanks
Bob

Speedbump

Reaction score
Bob,

You may have just described a waterlogged tank on your well pump. Turning off and on repidly when just a bit of water is used tells us that your tank may be bad. This turning on and off of a pump motor will damage it and will also trip the overload protector. When this happens the well pump produces no water. With a waterlogged tank, there is no usable water to fill the aerator when the pump goes off, so pretty soon the aerator pump runs out of water too.

So what you have in reality is two seperate systems dependent on each other. If one don't work, you have no water.

bob...

RobertPod

Reaction score
Aerator issues

:confused:Hello,
I have two new tanks, one for the pump in the ground to supply water the otehr for the pump that pushes water to the house. The pump in the ground is new also.
It appears that the aerator water jets do not go on when water level is low and the demand from the house is requested. I have gone out and filled the aerator tank and the hose water hits the canister float and the jets come on, usually staying on till the aerator is full. If I do not check the aerator tank before bed I get up in the AM and find I have no water but do not see any leaks near the aerator tank, pressure tanks or pumps.
Could I have a bad float system? I also have noticed that my pressure switch on the well pump goes off rather quickly after I have turned off a hose or sprinkler line. If this goes off to quickly does it still keep my pressure tank filled? If not how would I adjust the pressure switch to have it stay on longer? I have a 30-50 pressure switch on that system and also on my house pump system. Could that, house pump system pressure switch also need adjusting?
I'd appreciate your help.
Thanks
Bob

Speedbump

Reaction score
Like I said, you may have a waterlogged tank. Your pressure switch may have restrictions keeping the pressure from making it to the switch. (Plugged lines) Your float system may be haywire. I'm not even sure what kind of float system you have since you haven't described it very well.

I think you would be better served by getting a pump man out there and letting him go through the whole thing before it ends up costing you more money than his service call would cost.

bob...

RobertPod

Reaction score
Aerator Issues

Hello,
You're probably right but I had a well company come out and put the new pressure tank and in ground pump in and they said it all looked good.

Can a new pressure tank be waterlogged??? My aerator float system is a canister hanging into the aerator connected by a tube that must go to the solenoid on the side of the tank which is hooked up to my power. When the canister gets so high in the tank the water jets turn off. I do notice when I hit the float with the hose water that there is a static or ta ta tat sound coming from the solenoid.

Thanks again.
Bob

Speedbump

Reaction score
A new pressure tank can have the air pressure set wrong which can make it seem waterlogged. And yes a new tank can become waterlogged if someone hooked it up without checking the air pressure before turning on the pump. With no air pressure, the bag can be torn loose.

bob...

RobertPod

Reaction score
Aerator Issues

Hello, :)
Thanks.. I will address the tank not being set up properly.... seems like no water is getting into it ....
Bob

dcinfl

Reaction score
Bob,

Have you found a solution to your problem? I was recently in a similar situation and I may be able to help, if you are still having problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks