well aerator pump humming

Users who are viewing this thread

Doug eagle

Reaction score
The pump in my aerator for my well makes a humming noise even after it fills the aerator and the water quits flowing.I replaced the aerator pressure switch but that did'nt stop it from humming.Could it be the solonoid on the side of the tank is bad?The Myers pump inside the tank is 9 years old, but looks in good shape with very little rust.I have to unplug it to get it to quit humming.Thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think the pump inside the tank is the one that supplies water to your house. It should have a different pressure switch and pressure tank, and that is the switch that may not be opening.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Unless the solenoid is NC, it should not be energized when open and so, it should not hum. Maybe what you call a solenoid is actually a transformer.

Some aerator pumps are slaved to the water pump and so run when the water pump runs. Other aerator pumps are controlled by a flow switch to run only when water is being used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks