Weird well system behavior

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes Shane, this makes sense. I will have to watch it because it looks it’s not just unscrewing, I will need to cut and solder in order to replace the valve.
You rejected using a Sharkbite repair coupling?

Radu Gafitanu

Reaction score
No, I’ll have to use the shark bite. I’ll cut the 1” to the right of the valve and unscrew the valve from the left. I’ll get a 1”shark bite to 3/4 or whatever is the valve and a new valve. The Kinetico filtration cycle creates the same problem. Kinetico started, pressure dropped from 60 to 40 in about 2 minutes. When the switch cut in the pressure dropped to 20 in 2 seconds and the hissing started again. I’ll let the Kinetico do its stuff and see if the pressure comes back when it’s done. Or force the cycle to stop.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks