Weird sprinkler valve issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Shiwudao

Reaction score
hi there, need your help again! thank you!

I have two Rain birds’ valves as in the picture, both worked last year. This year when I turned on my timer, I found one weird problem on the one in the pinked circle(A), another one(B) works perfectly.
1)when timer turned on this valve A, I can hear water started to flow through, but the flow is very low thus can't pop up sprinkler heads.
2)I thought it may because the solenoid damaged, so I switched the solenoid with another valve B. The valve B still works perfect, but the same issue for this valve A. So -> should not be a problem on solenoid.
3) I unscrewed the top of the valve A, remove the Diaphragm, clean it, and reinstalled it back. still same issue.
4) and then I loose the screw in the red circle a little bit, I can hear the water go strong enough and it works. And then even I tight the screw back, the water continues to go through
5) And then I used timer to shutoff the valve, it works. However, when I turn it on again, the same issue.
6) if I manually turn solenoid counter clock wise 2 or 3 rounds, the water will be strong enough. But if only turn 1/2 round, the water is very low.

any idea ? thank you!

solenoid.jpg

Shiwudao

Reaction score
for 2), when I switched solenoid with valve B, I mean together with wires, so there should be no issue on wires.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Busted pipe underground? that would cause a lack of water to the heads and you would still hear it running . I don't know if you'd see wet spots depending on your yard

Shiwudao

Reaction score
busted pipe underground? that would cause a lack of water to the heads and you would still hear it running . I dont know if youd see wet spots depending on your yard
Thanks, if this is the case then why it works when I manually turn on ? Because manual turn give more water pressure?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Replace the diaphragm. The neoprene hardens up and it doesn't flex enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks