Weird bathroom sink faucet mounting-how to remove?

Users who are viewing this thread

JenBNYC

Reaction score
Wanting to remove our bathroom sink faucet and handles to replace with a new set. Can't figure out how to remove, if I just need to get these large hex pieces off shanks and unscrew basin nuts or if the faucet is a bottom-mount. It's an old Glacier Bay 3-piece faucet. I cannot see any set screws on the faucet or handles, but the handles do have pieces that pop off the top with philips head screws underneath. Unscrewing those doesn't seem to loosen or give access to anything other than removing the handle.

The basin nuts appear to have a bunch of crud between them and the sink, not sure if it's adhesive or can be removed. There are also the large hex pieces with water connector outlets on the shanks--I can't seem to unscrew these, and a basin wrench isn't helping. Have added WD-40, heated them up with a hairdryer, and hit with a hammer.

How do I get them off? Or might they be a part of the shank assembly and I need to drop the faucets out of the top of the sink?

PXL_20210722_125251736.jpg
PXL_20210722_125244647.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks