WeilMclain Ultra 155 - Banging Noise when Honeywell Zone valve is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lordofthering

Reaction score
@fitter30 - To be honest I am to point, I have to do with trial and error method with my system. I may end up wasting some money for pump but will see.

My existing pump is Taco 0014 which has 32 max GPM and 22 FT Max head. I had to select something which is in between 007 and 0014. I thought Grundfos ALPHA2 15-55FR (I changed my mind from Taco 0015E3 to Alpha2) might be better fit and it has AUTOADAPT feature which can change the speed based on required flow and head.

Me closing shut off valve close to boiler pump by 1/4 turn has stopped noise except few times a day. So selecting little smaller or pump which can change flow based on need may resolve the issue. only time will tell.

In nutshell, I am trying to make logical guess and no way expert with all calculations required to pick correct one. My house is too big and has too many zones (not all zone used most of the time) and for me to figure out the correct one might be very difficult task for.

Pump will arrive sometimes this week, I will change it and report it back. if that does not fix problem, I need big paper weight on my desk which I can use this pump for :)

Lordofthering

Reaction score
When you change the pump put a globe valve on supply side of the pump for balancing. In the bottom out the top.
fitter30,
I do not have globe valve but I do have Ball Valve installed. What purpose I will need this valve ? Are you suggesting I can close valve partially to balance ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks