Weil Mclain valve explanation please

can someone please explain to me how the valve works?

• i don't know what to put here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • same here

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

FriarTuck

Reaction score
oRaHnjRujzj9-T5Oi8Dj2QRuH9W2fJAXjDDjEViQr8tpsHfrEVZOS3DiYWRDvEv0wE-E7g=s114

can someone please explain to me how this valve works? this goes to my old Weil Mclain old hot water boiler return manifold. can someone also please link me to this valve's drawing or schematic? 1/2" pipe. in front is a 3/8" allan that only has quarter turns and behind of this is a 1/4 allan wrench plug. thank you in advance. b

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
While it is not a substitute for a decent photo, but I played with tiny dark photo a bit:
img_3.jpg
A new better photo is needed.

FriarTuck

Reaction score
sorry rookie at this. i hope this is better

Attachments

• IMG_4596.JPG
    IMG_4596.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 173

FriarTuck

Reaction score
it looks like inside the body of the valve is a bushing and inside the bushing is an allan looking like a plug that the allan wrench goes into, only does quarter turn cw and ccw. does this control the water flow from wide open to shut off? just above this is an air bleed port. the back side has a plug that uses a 1/4" allan wrench. 1/2" copper tubing sweated to the top and the bottom looks like its welded on the bottom. my problem that out of 16 registers, only 6 actually gets hot. i've bled all registers till its a stream of water coming out the bleed ports. also assuming that when i turn this valve fully cw that the flow is shut, i bled these ports on these valves till hot water from above(supply) starts getting hot. after bleeding them all, i turned all to full ccw. then the only way i know that the 6 that works has water flow is the valves and copper tubes associated to the ones that works get really hot, and the rest on this manifold stays cold. is it possible that the registers that doesn't work has clogged valves, these valves? help please!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks