Weil-Mclain future

Users who are viewing this thread

olrob

Reaction score
I have had a WTGO oil fired hot water boiler for many years with no complaints except recently. After about a failure a month for 3 months of the burner system with a different part failing each time I talked to the technician about the reliability of the WM boiler system. I then sent an email to the company who maintains my system about replacing the WM and got approximately the same response.
To quote: "WEIL MCLAIN HAD DROPPED OIL BURNERS FROM ITS PRODUCT LINE RENDERING THEM OBSOLETE.IN MY OPINION WE WERE NOT GIVEN AN ADEQUATE ANSWER TO THEIR DECISION. THEY HAD INDICATED THAT A COMPANY THAT MADE AN IMPORTANT PART FOR THEM HAD DISBANDED LEAVING THEM WITHOUT A REPLACEMENT VENDOR FOR THIS ITEM. RETOOLING FOR THAT ITEM WAS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ANOTHER COMPANY TO ABSORB AND THEREFORE THEY ELIMINATED THEIR BURNER LINE. TRUE OR FALSE THE CONSUMERS WHO PURCHASED THAT ITEM HAVE TO DECIDE IF THEY WOULD CONSIDER UPGRADING NOW OR IN THE NEAR FUTURE AS MANY REPAIR PARTS ARE UNAVAILABLE."
Is this correct or are they trying to sell me a new burner?
They are suggesting a Carlin Ez Burner with 1 year maint contract for $1200.
Is this a reliable burner and is the cost ok?
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks