Webstone Pro-Connect

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Just saw an ad for Webstone Pro-Connect "sharkbite" type connections. Interesting ad. It says they have a "lifetime guarantee", but just in case they do not last they have a removable "repair cap" so you can fix them. Sort of like saying a car has a lifetime guarantee and will last "forever" as long as you keep repairing it.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Or the guarantee is on the fitting itself, no implied guarantee that it won't ruin floors, baseboards, wallboards or any equipment.

Seaofnames

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.boilermakers359.org
I'd take a picture of all the pipe ends you stick into the 'sharkbite' connectors for insurance purposes. I'm sure there have been leaks on people not de burring copper or having sharp edges in other situations.

I still dont like them for anything other then temporary stuff like testing.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sb

If the Sharkbite fails and causes damages, a picture will not help because someone will be sure to cut that piece of tubing out and keep it for evidence.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks