Weatherproof J Box with no holes, how to add conduit adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

diverdave

Reaction score
I have two main question:

I need to run conduit into a weatherproof j box with no holes. Which adapters do you use for the j boxes with no holes? After you drill the hole do you use the the adapters with screw on rings (https://www.homedepot.com/p/3-4-in-Male-Terminal-Adapter-R5140104/202043511) or do you use adapters that are attached with PVC cement (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Carlon-1-1-2-in-PVC-Box-Adapter-Case-of-8-E996HR/202208884)?

Also, how do you reduce conduit from say 1.25 to 1 inch? Which reducers do you use? I want to pull the cable through larger conduit and then reduce it as it comes out of the ground. I know it is difficult to run UF through conduit but I am having to rerun this cable because it was cut and I don't want to have to do this again so I want to put it in conduit.

Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Drill holes only on the bottom and yes you use that fitting but use lock nuts to hold it. If you like you can add a o-ring on the outside to further water proof it but your better off without it. Any condensation or water entering the box will have a way to drain out.

The change to a different size pipe you use a j box to go in and out to a smaller pipe. It also becomes a pull box if ever needed for future work. Conduit is very low cost and to go the entire distance with one size is negligible in extra cost.

conduit-fittings-26197-64_145.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks