Weak flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Coopns

Reaction score
Pulled off the toilet, thought it was leaking, wasn't. (2 year old can't quite make it all the way).

So I put on two wax rings (flange was below floor...add PVC ext. rings...both waxed together). One had a funnel. Felt a good squish when I put it down. We have noticed though the flush is weaker then before I took it off and have the two rings. The previous ring had a funnel but only one ring. Any thought's on what might be happening? Why the weaker flush? Same amount of water...Frustrated...

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you get things offcenter, the plastic horn in the wax ring can get collapsed partially. Or, if the excess wax intrudes into the drain, that can narrow the drain and mess things up.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The obvious answer, but maybe not the correct one, is that you did something wrong when you put the toilet into place, but the only way to tell for sure is to remove it and look. I am not a fan of spacer rings, but only because they are not always secured properly, which means they can be the cause of problems in the future.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks