We want to add dishwasher circuit - wondering if the Romex cable can run behind bathtub shower wall?

Users who are viewing this thread

Curiousv

Reaction score
Best way for us to run new cable is behind bathtub shower wall - yes we will waterproof it but is it considered wet area ?
To my understanding NM-B cable can not be put in wet area but wall where valve is - is considered wet area in other words can Romex cable run behind that?

If not what is the best way to run cable where we have no attic (flat roof ) and concrete floor

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Behind a wall is considered a dry location. This my shower being rebuilt and a NM-C was there behind the old shower wall. You can use NM-C cable.

What is nm-B cable?
NM-B is a non-metallic electrical wire used in residential building wiring for various devices and outlets. It is mostly used in devices characterized as damp or wet, such as washing machines and dishwashers. It can also be applied in switches, tile walls, and lighting.Nov 20, 2020

Screen Shot 2022-05-24 at 6.17.24 PM.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks