Waxless seal for Toto Soiree

Users who are viewing this thread

SaniSeal

Reaction score
Well I took the "leap" and ordered 3 saniseals on Wednesday via the store link. Here it is Saturday and order still shows "pending.". Is that the norm?

Jerry

Jerry,
The order was placed Wed. after business hours so it was shipped Thursday morning. PayPal automatically sends an email with tracking numbers, but in case you did not receive it, we have emailed you the tracking number. We do not have the "order status" part of the backend of the store finished to where it syncs with PayPal shipping yet. Your package is in your state now and should be delivered today or Monday.

JerryR

Reaction score
Thanks for following up.

FYI, I just went back through every email from Wednesday until today.

I got 2 emails from, SaniSeal at 6:12 PM EST Wednesday confirming the order and one this morning from James at SaniSeal in reply to my inquiry about the shipment..

I never got any emails from PayPal regarding anything related to any SaniSeal order or shipment.

This is not a complaint but just customer feedback to help you tighten up the web ordering and shipping notice process.

Jerry

SaniSeal

Reaction score
Jerry,
Thank you I appreciate that. Sorry, I'm not sure why you didn't receive the status shipped confirmation email from PayPal. I am looking into the status update on the backend and the shipping confirmation now. Also, if it's not too much trouble, please let us know how your use of the Sani Seal goes for you; your opinion on the overall product and your installation.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for following up.

FYI, I just went back through every email from Wednesday until today.

I got 2 emails from, SaniSeal at 6:12 PM EST Wednesday confirming the order and one this morning from James at SaniSeal in reply to my inquiry about the shipment..

I never got any emails from PayPal regarding anything related to any SaniSeal order or shipment.

This is not a complaint but just customer feedback to help you tighten up the web ordering and shipping notice process.

Jerry

So Jerry, What ever happened with the Sani-Seals you ordered? did you get them and install them? Wazzup?

K9mlxj

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if the SaniSeal would be able to address the issue of an uneven internal lining of a CI pipe?

I used a FluidMaster no-wax gasket and it wasn't working perfectly--drain flies slipped thru' the rubber gasket.

Thx.

K9mlxj

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if the SaniSeal would be able to address the issue of an uneven internal lining of a CI pipe?

I used a FluidMaster no-wax gasket and it wasn't working perfectly--drain flies slipped thru' the rubber gasket.

Thx.

SaniSeal

Reaction score
Hi,

Thx.

I've heard of a black larva that eats through wax in RVs and we have sold to people that inquired about that issue. They have not reported back on it.

We have not tested the Sani Seal in that environment, but I can say because you can use sealants such as silicone with the Sani Seal it will probably solve your issue that way. It may also solve your issue without the use of sealants.

JerryR

Reaction score
So Jerry, What ever happened with the Sani-Seals you ordered? did you get them and install them? Wazzup?

Bob,

Here is my report.

I ordered 3 saniseals and they arrived about 3 days after placing the order.

I just finished a bathroom remodel last week. Had plumber install new tub, vanity, new flange and R&R my Toto Drake after tile guy got done.

I asked plumber to use the saniseal. He was reluctant but he was did the install. The flange was about even with the finished floor after the tile guy added leveler, tile mortar and tile. Installation went fine and he was happy with results.

After that bath was done we had floor tile replaced in master bath. I removed and installed that Toto Eco Drake myself. That original flange about 1/4" above finished floor. It went fine. The only difference was when I set the toilet the normal feeling of a wax seal being squished was not there. It felt like it was sitting on a soft pillow.

Well as luck would have it one of the flange to toilet bolts had a crappy thread so I had to pull the toilet and replace the bolt with another new one. I was happy that I had the saniseal as it took no time at all to pull the bowl, replace the bolt and not have to clean and replace a messy wax seal.

The 3rd seal will be going on a toilet at our other house that is rocking and we have some sewer gas smell occationaly.

When we received the saniseals they look black rather than the green color in the logo. In bright light you can see that they are VERY DARK GREEN.

Overall I think these are winners. Time wil tell.

Jerry

sani_seal_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

golsenut

Reaction score
It would be my home so I can see the long term affect.
Besides, I move things around here and not dealing with wax for that is always nice. Mine are like musical chairs.

Do you have any information on the long term reliability of the sani seal gasket. I am lookng at the fernco vs the sani seal on a new toilet

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Do you have any information on the long term reliability of the sani seal gasket. I am lookng at the fernco vs the sani seal on a new toilet
I purchased 2 sani-seals directly from them a few months ago and installed them without any problems whatsoever. They are still in place, no leaks, and I forgot all about them until now, so that is a good thing.

zuperdee

Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents here: Personally, I've become a big fan of waxless seals over the years, but some brands are better than others. The first time I tried a waxless seal was around 2004 or so, and I used the Fluidmaster waxless seal, which was the only one I knew of at the time. Today, there are MANY brands I know of: Fluidmaster, Fernco, SaniSeal, and Korky.

The Fluidmaster seal works, but I see 3 main problems with it:
1) It may not seal perfectly if you don't set it at the right height when you install it--that happened to me on one of my toilets, and I didn't realize it until I started noticing sewer gas smells later. I think Terry has the right idea in putting it over the horn on the toilet first.
2) It's not stackable, although this may not be so much of an issue since it's design allows a fair amount of latitude in terms of the height it's set to.
3) The rubber rings it uses can perish--I noticed this recently when I removed one of them.

The Fernco seal looks similar to the Fluidmaster, but its 1-piece construction does look a bit more elegant somehow. I have never tried it personally.

The SaniSeal is my FAVORITE so far, mainly because:
1) The Fluidmaster waxless kit can fail to create a positive seal if you accidentally push it too far into the drain, whereas the SaniSeal sits on top of the flange just like a wax seal, so you're practically guaranteed to get a positive seal with it every time.
2) Unlike the Fluidmaster seal, the SaniSeal is stackable. (Though as I say, the Fluidmaster design should allow a fair amount of latitude in terms of height, so stacking may not be a concern with the Fluidmaster, either.)
3) Time will tell, but the SaniSeal looks to be made of a material that won't perish the way the rubber seals on the Fluidmaster do.
4) I like how the SaniSeal holds the bolts in place.

The Korky waxless seal looks like pretty much the same idea as the SaniSeal, and like the SaniSeal, the Korky should theoretically work with ANY flange or floor surface, plus it holds the bolts and is stackable. The main difference is that the Korky uses a combination of red rubber/foam rubber instead of green polyurethane. Again, I've never used the Korky waxless kit myself, but I prefer the looks of the SaniSeal, because the material it uses looks and feels more robust somehow.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks