Watts PRV

Users who are viewing this thread

ncgeo

In the Trades
Reaction score
Curious as to the differences on Watts PRVs for residential ... N45, N55, 25AUB. Not finding any differences in website info.

Reach4

Reaction score
I saw that but it really doesn’t explain what the differences are between the 3 valves i noted above.
I took a look. Strainer location varied. Pressure drop vs flow varied.

I don't know the answer to your unstated question -- which to select, or which is more reliable.

I would tend to think it would be easier to clean the one with the separate intake strainer.

ncgeo

In the Trades
Reaction score
I took a look. Strainer location varied. Pressure drop vs flow varied.

I don't know the answer to your unstated question -- which to select, or which is more reliable.

I would tend to think it would be easier to clean the one with the separate intake strainer.

Point noted on the strainer location with the 25AUB. But the N45B-M1 and N55B-M1? Not seeing any difference including the flow/pressure drop. No guidance from Watts. I wonder if its some regional thing; this is what’s used in our .

I am retrofitting my home with a field-constructed PEX manifold system (1” to 3/4” branch) and also streamlining the 1” main run back to the service entrance, so I figure on upgrading the PRV to lead-free as well.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't have time to read over the PDF file. For the most part they are designed a little different all three seem to have a screen. I would go with the 25AUB. Strainer can be cleaned for mt eh bottom and also allows a pressure gauge if needed.

shopping

Myhouse

Reaction score
What is the expected lifespan of a Watts 25aub pressure reducing valve? Mine appears to be experiencing pressure creep; I'll set it to 50, then a few hours later it will be 80-90. (No water heater action before, during or after.)

I've been in the house 17 years, and the PRV came with the house.

Last year I noticed the water blowing out of the shower head at great force, so I looked in to it and found the PRV was well out of adjustment; it was at about 90. I backed it down to 50. Recently had a repeat of that, and now I'm wondering if the valve is simply too old.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
What is the expected lifespan of a Watts 25aub pressure reducing valve? Mine appears to be experiencing pressure creep; I'll set it to 50, then a few hours later it will be 80-90. (No water heater action before, during or after.)

I've been in the house 17 years, and the PRV came with the house.

Last year I noticed the water blowing out of the shower head at great force, so I looked in to it and found the PRV was well out of adjustment; it was at about 90. I backed it down to 50. Recently had a repeat of that, and now I'm wondering if the valve is simply too old.
There should be a rebuild kit available. Lifespan is a tough thing to gauge because of the differences in water quality all over the US.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I been guessing a bit myself on which model to get . 17 years around here means its toast almost every time rebuild kits barely worth it but are cheaper . I rebuilt mine befor but for customers its usually better to pay me to replace rather than rebuild

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks