Watts PRV

Users who are viewing this thread

ncgeo

In the Trades
Reaction score
Curious as to the differences on Watts PRVs for residential ... N45, N55, 25AUB. Not finding any differences in website info.

Reach4

Reaction score
I saw that but it really doesn’t explain what the differences are between the 3 valves i noted above.
I took a look. Strainer location varied. Pressure drop vs flow varied.

I don't know the answer to your unstated question -- which to select, or which is more reliable.

I would tend to think it would be easier to clean the one with the separate intake strainer.

ncgeo

In the Trades
Reaction score
I took a look. Strainer location varied. Pressure drop vs flow varied.

I don't know the answer to your unstated question -- which to select, or which is more reliable.

I would tend to think it would be easier to clean the one with the separate intake strainer.

Point noted on the strainer location with the 25AUB. But the N45B-M1 and N55B-M1? Not seeing any difference including the flow/pressure drop. No guidance from Watts. I wonder if its some regional thing; this is what’s used in our .

I am retrofitting my home with a field-constructed PEX manifold system (1” to 3/4” branch) and also streamlining the 1” main run back to the service entrance, so I figure on upgrading the PRV to lead-free as well.

WorthFlorida

The wife is still training me.
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't have time to read over the PDF file. For the most part they are designed a little different all three seem to have a screen. I would go with the 25AUB. Strainer can be cleaned for mt eh bottom and also allows a pressure gauge if needed.

shopping