Watts outdoor hose bib leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Dutchman

Reaction score
I recently replaced the obvious washers in this hose bib without stopping the leak! I finally took out this long internal shaft and found an o-ring at the inner end which disintegrated as I pulled it out. On the bib is embossed Watts 101E. I live 35 miles from the nearest hardware store and would like to know the name of the shaft and washer if possible. I could take the whole assembly into town but I have to shut off the main water valve to the house and the water between the meter and the house would leak out....about 600 feet of pipe. The bib shown is identical to the leaking one but much easier to photograph. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 6,294

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Watts over the years has had many different frost proof sillcock models they sold. What you have looks nothing like what they are selling now. You could contact them and ask about parts availability. http://www.watts.com/pro/contactus.asp

But even if you install all new parts there is a strong possibility that the seat is damaged and replacement of the unit is required. I would personally just go ahead and replace it.

Dutchman

Reaction score
Watts over the years has had many different frost proof sillcock models they sold. What you have looks nothing like what they are selling now. You could contact them and ask about parts availability. http://www.watts.com/pro/contactus.asp

But even if you install all new parts there is a strong possibility that the seat is damaged and replacement of the unit is required. I would personally just go ahead and replace it.

Thank you for your advise and the link to Watts. The house is 15 years old and I'm sure replacement parts would be hard to find.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks