Watercloset or Combo

Users who are viewing this thread

catk9

Reaction score
I am planning to install a new toilet. From the closet flange I was planning on running a short section of 3" pipe straight down to a 3x3x2 wye where the vent would take off. What is the proper fitting I should use to go horizontal. A 90 or a combo. This branch drain will be 6 to 8 feet long where it will connect to the main 3" drain line by using a combination fitting and 1/8 bend.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm not sure I understand, but fittings below the flood level should be waste fittings.
That would mean 45's and long 90 if going from horizontal to vertical.

catk9

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me Terry. Sorry for the confusion. I will try to explain it more clearly. I have to move a toilet from one corner of the bathroom to another corner across the room. I will be running the 3" horizontal waste line from the toilet approximately 6 feet to the main 3" waste line that goes to the septic. From the toilet I was going to run down through the floor a small section of 3" pipe to a reducing wye (3x3x2), I will be venting the toilet from here with 2" pipe which will tie into the 3" stack in the attic. What fitting should I use to make the bend to that 6' of waste line, a closet bend or can it be a combo fitting. Using one end of the combo for the clean out. And where I tie into the main waste line, can that be a combo fitting and a 1/8 bend fitting? I live in CA if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

Mattbee24

In the Trades
Reaction score
A combo fitting wouldn't require an 1/8 bend. A combo is basically a wye and 1/8 bend all in one, hence the word combo. At least that is what they call a combo in my area (Ohio).

catk9

Reaction score
Closet bend or combo

Thanks mattbee24 for the information, I appreciate it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks