water well and watersoftener

Users who are viewing this thread

vleespet

Reaction score
Hello

I first like to mention that I am on a private well system with a 1 hp GE pump,a Amtrol WX-203 blatter tank that is pretty old and a kenmore water softener(don't know the exact model number.House and well date back to the early 80's

A few months ago I rebuild my little ole well house that was almost fallin apart :eek: .I contacted a local pump man to relocate my blattertank since it was leaning against one of the walls.When he did this he changed some of the piping.He mentioned that it was wrong because of that the motor and pressure switch would burn up eventually.Since he is the pro I let him do whatever was necessary.
After he was done and gone after checking everything the pressure in the house starting to become very,very poor.I bypassed the watersoftener and pressure was good.I called the guy back and he did some repairs to the softener.He checked everything and told me all was good.But like you guessed....the pressure in the house awful.
I just called him to ask if he knows what is going on.Still waiting on a call back.
I have bypassed my softener to get pressure in the house.And now since a couple of days there is sand in my tub after taking a bath. :eek:

1.Does anyone have an explanation about the water pressure dropping when watersoftener is on?Is the watersoftener faulty?

2.I am afraid to ask....but is there a big problem when sand in my water?Do I need to have major work done on my well?

thanks a bunch

Ron

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sand is always a problem Ron. It may have filled the softener the rest of the way up which is a real problem for the softener.

I doubt the well guy could have done anything to cause your well to produce sand. Maybe it just started doing this coincidently.

I'm not sure how your going to get it to stop other than running it open discharge and hoping for the best.

bob...

vleespet

Reaction score
running

I'm not sure how your going to get it to stop other than running it open discharge and hoping for the best.

bob

Hummm.....running it open discharge :eek:
Does that mean discharge the softener correct?

Ron

Speedbump

Reaction score
No, I meant opening up the discharge line from the pump and letting it run wide open for as long as it takes. At least for a few hours if necessary.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks