Water treatment system help

Users who are viewing this thread

APG12

Reaction score
I just had a lab test completed in anticipation of installing a water treatment system.

I am on a private well and have a large amount of sediment and very hard water. Everything else seems to be pretty good. Results are attached.

The sediment resembles fine sand and clogs filters very quickly causing water pressure issues. I’m looking for advice on a good sediment filter and water softener system.

Attachments

• 3D7DE269-4908-4893-B401-DDFF80780E81.jpeg
    3D7DE269-4908-4893-B401-DDFF80780E81.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 124

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
A hydra filter may be a great fix for the sediment issue followed by a BB or similar large format filter. A properly sized softener, and some simple post UV/Filtration and you should be good. A drinking water RO would be advised for your application. A real water test would be nice as well, that is not a very thorough water test.

APG12

Reaction score
A hydra filter may be a great fix for the sediment issue followed by a BB or similar large format filter. A properly sized softener, and some simple post UV/Filtration and you should be good. A drinking water RO would be advised for your application. A real water test would be nice as well, that is not a very thorough water test.

What is a BB filter? Forgot to mention it was also negative for coliform. What else should I have tested for? That was what the county lab recommended based on my location.

Any recommendations for a softener and size? It’s a 4bed/3 bath house with 2 adults, 2 children. We use a good amount of water.

Thanks for the input so far.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks