Water to rim distance

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Miller

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this Forum, well to any forum. I've been trying to find the best toilet for preventing splashes out of the bowl during my peeing. I've been searching using words such as water to rim distance, largest bowl size, etc. For some reason I can't find certainty. I have established that it seems what I'm looking for has to do with toilet bowl height, but I really don't know for sure. What I need is a toilet that will be deep, so that the splashes are less likely to meet the distance out of the bowl. So far from all of my efforts, I found the Kohler Cimarron. Please help if you can. Thanks for your time reading this.

Reach4

Reaction score
The rim height is easy to find. You want elongated. For your stated objective, a smaller water spot would be good. If you can hit a wall rather than the water, splashing is less likely.

But if you really want to avoid drops or mist, sit. If this is for guys who won't do that, have you considered a urinal?

k3-077-crop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul Miller

Reaction score
That's where I came up with the Kohler Cimarron, the ground to rim height. I can always adjust the water to be lower, but I'd like that combined with a big bowl, and maybe the measurement of trap 2 Rim distance. I found that, but it was for only some, and like 10 inches was the best I could find.

Paul Miller

Reaction score
You know, I did find that spec for some reach4, but it's hard to find. I guess I could use that, but I plan on lowering the water if I can, so that will give me more room. The ultimates spec that I'm looking for is Rim 2 trap distance. Some manuals show that spec, and that's perfect if I can find the longest distance. Maybe I have with the Kohler Cimarron, but just making sure.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The height of the water is determined by the highest curve of the trapway.
You can lower water in the bowl by restraining bowl refill, but that also hampers the flush and siphon of the bowl.
Some bowls have angled sides that redirect stream a bit.

Paul Miller

Reaction score
I just bought the Toto part number CST744SL-01. The other Todo was too expensive. I hope that I can get at least close to what I was looking for with this one. Thanks everyone for chiming in. If anybody knows anything about the toilet that I just bought, and whether or not it might have been a good move considering what I was looking for, feedback would be awesome, otherwise thanks again and take care.

Reach4

Reaction score
I like the Bemis Slow Close Lift-Off Flip Cap Elongated Toilet Seat to go with that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks