Users who are viewing this thread

TTL2416

Reaction score
I have a shower hasn't been used for years and tried to use no water comes out

Have replaced valve and mixer, checked vertical pipe seem open, tested for water unassembled with valve against hole in quad brass assembly (got water to back of shower so pressure and water).

I do no see where water goes to get to vertical pipe, I have dumped water into top vertical pipe but did not see where it comes out in quad brass assembly area. Mixer is new and can see thru it as is all parts but assembled not water - seems my problem is the exchange area through brass quad (I call it quad as where 4 pipes come together on out side of brass connection 2 on sides seem to be water- bottom seems plugged upper may be shower vertical) that leads to vertical pipe to shower head.

Does anybody have any ideas or know where to find vertical opening in quad to be able check if plugged? Help

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Is this a tub/shower, or a shower only? If it's a tub/shower, do you get water out the tub spout?

Does the fixture have a diverter? Is it on the tub spout, or is it a valve position?

IF you get no water anytime, it could be that the spool valve that is part of the anti-scald functionality is stuck to one side and not able to move freely. On some designs, that's a separate piece than the cartridge, on others, it's incorporated into the cartridge.

TTL2416

Reaction score
Is this a tub/shower, or a shower only? If it's a tub/shower, do you get water out the tub spout?

Does the fixture have a diverter? Is it on the tub spout, or is it a valve position?

IF you get no water anytime, it could be that the spool valve that is part of the anti-scald functionality is stuck to one side and not able to move freely. On some designs, that's a separate piece than the cartridge, on others, it's incorporated into the cartridge.

TTL2416

Reaction score
well makes 2 of us not pros but here is reply to your question it is only shower no tub i get water out of vlave when main is open and i holdvalve. as for hot water tab i have tried one with tab same results no water. if you know on those quads how does water get to vertical tubing that would help i think it may be plugged but i do not see opening in the copper hub where valve goes injust 2 holes for hot and cold water there should be an opening there to go to vertical pipe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks