Water Test - Iron Symptoms but no Iron

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Now I am no "pro" as some of you on here are, and so perhaps I am speaking out of turn, but here's what I took DH's comment to mean...

"A 1.5 cu ft system can regenerate 30,000 grains using 6 lbs of salt per cu ft, and 36,000 grains using 8 lbs of salt per cu ft"

He could also have added that it can regenerate 24,000 grains using 4 lbs of salt per cu ft, or 45,000 grains using 15 lbs of salt per cu ft, but those settings aren't quite as practical for the average house, I'd wager. One would waste water and border on hardness bleed thru, the other would waste salt. But he was speaking in simple terms for the average user, IMHO. (DH, feel free to slap me down if I got any of this wrong)

But what do I know? I just live in a house with slightly hard water, and an awesome softener.

Yup, you said it perfectly. I am at a loss as to why some people need to dig for contreversy in such a simple and accurate statement. The numbers I gave are fair, reasonable, and the most commonly used numbers. If I was wrong, then so is everyone else who does not use the grains capacity removed from 1/2 pound of salt per cu. ft to 32 pounds of salt per cu. ft., but people with common sense would consider that silly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks