Water supply line location for the Kohler Tresham K3981

Users who are viewing this thread

Laostrich

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the water line location specified for the Kohler Tresham K3981 has a little bit of wiggle room? The spec calls out for 6 1/2" away from the center of flange and 6" up from finished floor and mine is 6 1/2" away but 10" up. This is my first time installing one piece toilet and not sure if this toilet will work. Thank you!

https://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/K-3981_spec_US-CA_Kohler_en.pdf

k-3981-spec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
As long as you don't hit the back of the bowl you're fine. 10" is low enough to not be in the way of the tank. Sometimes it's easier to get a longer supply lines an loop it.

Laostrich

Reaction score
Thanks Terry,

Currently the center of waste pipe is sitting 15 1/2" ( i know.. due to the joist, this was only option) I'm planning on using Kohler's version of TOTO unifit in 14". plumber roughed the water line for the toilet at 6 1/2" away from the center of waste pipe and I asked him to put 10" up from the subfloor. wall would be either 1/2"drywall or tile( will add 3/8" extra in that case) and 3/4" will be added on the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks