water starts great then stops - noise in wall

Users who are viewing this thread

rikb53

Reaction score
we do not have a well just regular city water here in houston. but one of my bathrooms - i turn on the faucet and the cold water comes out great for about 5 seconds - and then just stops short. i hear a moaning noise in one of the walls. any ideas of what i could check for that one faucet. all the other faucets in the house work as normal. thanks for any advice.
rik

rikb53

Reaction score
ok, more info on this. doesn't happen when the faucet is turned to hot water. and when u turn the faucet to cold water - BUT ONLY OPEN IT UP 1/2 WAY - no issues - it only chokes when you open it up all the way. as soon as you do that then, it stops to a dribble and the pipes behind the wall vibrate and hum. it's like 'full throttle' is the issue. you can leave it on all day only if it's half way. has anyone ever heard of this? thanks again for any suggestions. rik

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks