Water softner brine discharge

Users who are viewing this thread

capt.rc

Reaction score
Live in a condo, 5th floor.9 stories. Installing a fleck 5600sxt cabinet model...space is small. It will be in front of my water heater which has the pressure relief connected to the ac condensation line at the floor level. Ac discharge is 22" off the floor....want to connect my brine discharge to the 1" pressure relief line...will put a t in and a riser for the discharge line...need some thought for a hook up of this type....tks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The appliance discharge is considered "indirect waste" and when draining to the plumbing system must have an air gap. It would be allowed to discharge into a standpipe or a fixture drain ahead of it's trap.

capt.rc

Reaction score
softner info

The appliance discharge is considered "indirect waste" and when draining to the plumbing system must have an air gap. It would be allowed to discharge into a standpipe or a fixture drain ahead of it's trap.

fyi the condensate line is used for the bank, 9units, and drains outside into a dry well, not the sewer...tks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks