Water Softener Recharge Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

BillH1322

Reaction score
My water softener recharge drain goes into my sump pit which is about 60 feet away from the softener. The pit then ejects the water into the main septic drain pipe which runs back within 10 feet of the softener before leaving the basement. I'd like to eliminate that long run and hook directly into the septic drain pipe. Can I do this with a saddle valve of some kind or somehow tap into the septic drain pipe?

Reach4

Reaction score
You would need to discharge above a standpipe, or other device, with a P-trap and a vent. You must not drive directly into the sewer line.

BillH1322

Reaction score
You would need to discharge above a standpipe, or other device, with a P-trap and a vent. You must not drive directly into the sewer line.
Had a hunch it would be more involved than a simple saddle valve. Thanks for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks