Water softener questions/ recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

paul_arc

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently moved into a new house and new city, and the water is pretty hard.
I don't have any experience with water softeners but I would like to get one and capable of installing it.

I had a company come out and look at what I have. Here is what they recommended and you guys can let me know what you think:

I have been at the new house for 2 months now and my first water bill says we use 320 gallons/ day.
The company first recommended size 1.5 cu ft. Then after testing the water they recommended 2 cu ft size.
The water tested 38 GPG.
Incoming water line to the house is 3/4" pipe and 58 PSI.

The part I didn't like is they only sell/ install Brita.
I couldn't find much info on Brita but it looks like I wouldn't be able to purchase/ install on my own. It would have to be the distributor.

I would like to purchase a good quality unit sized correctly that is available for an individual to purchase.
What would you guys recommend?

Thanks,
Paul

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Brita uses Canat... to manufacture their systems, personally I am not a fan. I won't elaborate...

I would recommend a real Fleck or Clack valve system, not a knock-off. I will send you a PM. I know several companies that can help you out locally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks