Water softener drain line question

Users who are viewing this thread

Amer Malik

Reaction score
Looking to add a water softener. My main water line is in detached garage, with no drain near it. In order to reach sewer cleanout, I need to go about 70 feet on the other side of the driveway. Any ideas whether that will work or other ideas of draining the line from water softener.

thanks
Amer

Reach4

Reaction score
People don't normally run the softener drain to a sewer cleanout. Where does your washing machine discharge?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If you are going to attach it to a sewer cleanout be sure to check with local codes. S traps are typically not allowed so a p-trap with an AAV may work but AAV's are not allowed in many municipalities now. This might be worth paying a plumber to do so as to prevent any potential problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks