Votes: 0 0.0%
  • water softener, not taking water from brine tank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

san-iok

Reaction score
Model: Denver Plus Slim 15
I think that my water softener is not taking water from brine tank. All the cycles running fine. I took off floating assembly and I found that my air check ball is not floating, its all the time on the bottom. So it means that during brine tank refilling this valve works fine, but when trying to take off salted water from brine tank , the valve all the time closed. It is not plastic, its rubber ball. So it is heavier than the water.
Please explain how this works, and correct me if I am wrong ...
Thanks

Attachments

• floating valve.jpg
    floating valve.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 728
  • float assembly.jpg
    float assembly.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 638

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect the ball is supposed to float and it has become waterlogged.

san-iok

Reaction score
I think the same, funny stuff that dealers in the UK don't sell spare parts for this product. So I will be trying to find the same diameter plastic ball on the market. Which one must to be lighter than water

Bannerman

Reaction score
As the brine will have a different specific gravity than plain water, you might try using some brine solution to test the float-ability of the ball. The ball may be waterlogged as has already been suggested but it would be a more definitive test to use the media the ball is designed to work in.

Please explain how this works, ...

The ball is intended to float when there is brine solution in the brine tank. As you know, brine is drawn out from the brine tank during 'brine draw/resin rinse' phase of the regeneration cycle. Once the remaining brine reaches a level below where the ball will be suspended, the ball lowers to rest on (close) the water inlet/outlet port below, so that air will not be drawn into the softener during the remaining 'resin rinse' cycle.

IF the ball is waterlogged, if you can't locate a replacement ball, you maybe more successful finding a replacement brine pickup tube & air check assembly.

san-iok

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the comments. Tonight i will try dissolve some salte and try the valve tomorrow. Will reply you later.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
You are correct in that the material needs to float, the checks we manufacture are not floating style, just simple miniature ball checks, but some sort of plastic or rubber floating material would be ideal. Can you send a picture of the system and design? There may be a simple alternative replacement part that you can use. http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-balls/=ukjxhi

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks