Water Softener and RO Recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

gkitts

Reaction score
Hello,
I need to treat my well water and would like a recommendation for a water softener. Should I also consider a turbolator to keep the system clean because of the iron in my water? The house is 2517 square feet, 2.5 bathrooms, most of the time there are 2 people living here but on occasion there are 4. Here are the stats for my water:

PH: 7.5
Iron: .6ppm
TDA: 287
Hardness: 16 gpg
Nitrates: 0
Flow Rate: 7 gallons per minute

I would also like to treat the water at the kitchen sink to remove the salt and possible contaminants. I am assuming an RO system would be the best way to do this or should I get a distiller?

Will the softener or RO change my PH and if so to what extent?

Thanks so much!

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you want to be covered when 4 people are in the house then 40K would be my choice. With just 2 of you a 32K would perform well for you but......go with the 40K and you get better salt efficiency too. As for removing sodium and whatever from the kitchen sink faucet I would go with an under counter RO

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks