Water smells like marijuana

Users who are viewing this thread

Harrison Drive

Reaction score
The water coming out of the tap in my ensuite smells like marijuana. The scent leaks out when the water is off and is more obvious when its on. It only comes from this tap.

Nobody in the house smokes. The home is on a large property which would doesn't have people smoking around it.

Any thoughts?

Reach4

Reaction score
I would put some water in a container and carry it elsewhere. Do you or others smell that when just smelling the water in the container away from that sink?

What is the source of the water, city? Suppose you plug the sink drain, and tape over the overflow holes. Does that affect the smell?

Is the sewer city sewer?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Could be coming from the faucet. You might need to take it apart and thoroughly clean the faucet. But more than likely it is from the drain as Reach4 suggest. You could take the drain apart and clean it or pour some bleach down the drain and in the overflow if it has an overflow. There could be a problem with how the drain is plumbed. A picture of the plumbing under the sink might reveal some clues.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
It seems whenever I visit bathrooms open to the public, the aerator screens were missing. They often get nabbed to use as screens in pipes/bongs. What if someone placed that screen back into the faucet everytime they used it? Not that many if any faucets use metal screens anymore.

I may have to investigate this further.. I'll report back.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It seems whenever I visit bathrooms open to the public, the aerator screens were missing. They often get nabbed to use as screens in pipes/bongs. What if someone placed that screen back into the faucet everytime they used it? Not that many if any faucets use metal screens anymore.

I may have to investigate this further.. I'll report back.

In my Redmond home I had replaced all of my aerators. The next day they were spraying water sidewise. My son's friends had robbed the metal screens out of them that very night. They didn't even last me a day.
I hadn't even known that was a thing.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
just discussing random things in the office and the use of labels on the water system came up.. in this instance.. should the faucet be labeled Potable?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks