water reembursement , broken pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
I broke a 3/4'' pvc pipe underground with my backhoe. it ran for about 13 hrs. before i found the wet earth in the morn. approx how many gals were lost? and what is that water worth on a commercial acct in ca.? pipe was cracked and not severed, not 100percent flow. thank's tool

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
That is a hard question. Depends on pressure and size of the crack. Maybe a few 1000s gallons. Not sure of the price of water out there. 5 Gal / Min. X 60 min. X 13 hrs. = 3,900 gallons X $10.00/1000 gal. = $39.00

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Yeah, it could be as much as $50.00 but thats not a lot in the scheem of things.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Here in San Diego, water is about $2 per HCF ( hundred cubic feet, 748 gallons) and the sewer charge is about $4 per HCF of water. SO, 748 gallons cost about $6.

You could compare before and after bills to get a rough idea of how much the consumption changed for the month when the pipe was broken.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
thankyou all

this is at my shop, and the landlord has been a great friend. I gave him a $100 today. it'll come back. Tool

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks