Water Pump Not Puling Enough Water

Users who are viewing this thread

tinkma

Reaction score
Hello,
I drove a 1.25" pipe 36' into the ground. I have 12.5' of water. When I hook up the 1hp shallow well pump, all I get is a trickle of water and the bladder of the pump never fills or turns off. Is it possible that the reason I am only getting a trickle of water is because I am near the max 25' well depth?

Thanks!
karen

Reach4

Reaction score
It is possible you have a vacuum leak. It is possible you have a clogged jet.

How much water pressure do you develop if you turn off the valve between the pump and the rest of the house?

Then have somebody watch the gauge. Put a sopping wet sponge or cloth around each joint that you can see. When the pressure rises when you wet a joint, you have found a leaky joint.

I presume you are in an area that does not freeze and that your pipes from the well pipe are above ground and accessible.

If you post photos and PSI numbers, that could give useful info.

tinkma

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I am going to be using this well for outdoor irrigation. When the output is closed the psi is 32. (the pump never turns off.)
Before I hooked up the pump, I took a hose and ran it down the pipe. The pipe never filled up with water. Today, after running the pump a few times, I put the hose back down the well and water was backing up. I'm trying to make sense of the backup.
We live in Mass where it does freeze but we ran a 3/4" black flexible irrigation hose inside the 1.25" pipe to eliminate any doubt of leaks at the joints and still ran into the same problem.

Any more advice would be great. I will try to upload pictures this weekend.
thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks