Water pressure up and down

Users who are viewing this thread

RCetin

Reaction score
I'll start at the beginning came home from work one day had no water... googled the problem first thing that pops up is pressure switch. It seemed to be stuck open orsomething. Cleaned contacts it snapped the circuit closed. Powered back on got pressure everything seemed to work. I noticed thw switch poppoing on and off frequently when no water was running. Now I'm running water and pressure is low, shoots up to normal pressure and then back down to low pressure. A co worker is telling me its a valve somewhere getting gummed up. Google suggest other problems. Like a water logged tank

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Pump cycling on and off when no water is being used is either a hole in the pipe or a bad check valve on the pump. I am leaning towards a bad check valve as a hole in the pipe usually causes air to come out the faucets.

RCetin

Reaction score
I do have a problem with air but in my heating system, and this was when the water was flowing fine. Water faucets run with air in the line

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Could be a hole in the well pipe then. The water heater is usually the first place the water goes, so the air is many times just on the hot water side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks