Water pressure not holding. Suggestions needed

Users who are viewing this thread

eastman

Reaction score
I recently installed a new well storage tank in a house that I'm remodeling. Initially after installing the tank my pump would fill the tank with water then within several minutes the water had run back into the well and the pump was shortcycling on and off. I then pulled the pump out of the well and replaced the 200 feet of vertical pipe attached to the pump and installed a new check valve. This helped the problem a great deal however all of the pressure is lost now after an hour or two instead of within a few minutes as before. By the way, the pressure is lost between the storage tank and the pump somewhere because I have the water closed off from running into the house at the storage tank. The one thing that i did notice was that the o-ring in the pitless adapter appeared to be almost flat as if it was worn out. Would this be a possible reason for the pressure loss? Are the o-rings easily obtainable and replaced? thank you for any suggestions.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
You still have a leak somewhere. Is the check valve installed at the pump or neat the tank? If this is a bladder type tank there should only be one check valve on or neat the pump.It is possible that the pitless adapter is leaking. Yes replacement "O" Rings are obtainable. Depending on your experience. . . and luck as to how easy it is to replace. Ask a well supplier (not big box stores) how to do it.

eastman

Reaction score
The check valve is installed at the pump. It is a bladder tank. I was just thinking that it must be something with the pitless adapter since i dont see water puddling or leaking anywhere and the vertical water pipe attached to the pump and check valve are new??

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks