Water pressure issues from yard hydrant connected to well pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

majesty8

Reaction score
Hi,

I appreciate your opinions and knowledge of my dilemma:

I just had a yard hydrant installed into my well pump and seem to be having water pressure issues. The well system is separate from my home (I had city water piped into my home).

A plumber friend of mine installed the yard hydrant to my well pump. The hydrant is literally right next to the well pump. When hooking up a sprinkler to the yard hydrant, the water pressure would be fine for about 5 minutes, and from then on, water pressure would drop to almost no pressure at all. After shutting the hydrant off and turning it back on after around 30 min. or so, the pressure would be fine. Of course, after 5 min. of good sprinkling, the pressure drops to almost none again.

I was there during the installation, and all that was installed was the yard hydrant to the well pump. I must admit I have no clue nor have the knowledge of what's involved in a direct yard hydrant installation to the well pump and water springs. Would I need a pressure tank installed between the yard hydrant and well pump? If so, can I bury the pressure tank? Did my friend have a memory lapse to install the pressure tank?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks