Water pressure can't get above 28 PSI and pressure tank doesn't fill

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimby

Reaction score
I have full water pressure if I leave to pump on continuously, but my pressure tank does not fill. I am not sure if I need a new jet pump, foot valve, check valve, impeller, or what? The well is 38 years old and I think everything is original except for my pressure tank (8 years old).

I do not know if I should risk buying a new jet pump/impeller and see if that fixes the problem (about $500 and my labor), or have a new well drilled and get a new submersible pump and replace all of the internal well componentry (check valves, pitless adapter, etc. ($7,000 for a 200 foot well and new pump, installed by a well service company).

I don't think the acquifer for the current well of 180 feet is the issue, I have full water pressure as long as the pump is running and no water pressure when it's off. Can the pump have the pressure building strength to supply my whole home, but no enough to pressurize the tank? Your insight to this conundrum will be appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks