Water Line Fell Down Well

Users who are viewing this thread

thwikehu

Reaction score
Hi all,

My brother disconnected our water line from the elbows, and it ended up falling down the well (it's only 15~ish feet from the top, luckily). We tried doing a hangman noose, and ended getting it on one of the lines. When we got it, we ran a block and tackle with some pulleys, and the rope broke and hit my brother in the eyes (had to go to the ER, he might have surgery). After that happened I told my Grandma's husband I'm not messing with ropes. Are there any other possible ideas you may have to retrieve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
For jet pumps I made a shepards type hook out of some 3/8 steel rod, welded it to a 1" steel coupling, threaded that to steel pipe and ran that to the bottom of the well, hooked the jet assy. and brought the lines up

Reach4

Reaction score
So you are looking at two threaded pipes 15 ft down? Suppose you took 20 feet of PVC with a threaded coupling on the end. Screw that onto the end of one of the pipes.

I wonder there is some way to prep the coupling so that the thread starts easier.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
There are couplers made with a blank start for easy thread alignment.
65342_hr1c.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks