water level rose with jaswell seal

Users who are viewing this thread

chun

Reaction score
hi, i have a really strange situation. I have a new well and initially pumping sand and debris and i was told it was overburden material, the well company looked at the well and said there was a fracture near steal casing and they installed a Jaswell seal. Eversince they installed the Jaswell seal, i noticed the water level was like 2 to 3 feet below the surface, before it was way deep under the surface at least like 20 feet down. And i could still hear water pouring underneath and they said there could be a second fracture. I did notice the overburden material was all gone and sand diminishing. But now i'm worried about the water level. Is it because because the fracture is near the jaswell seal and pressure is pushing it up and due to a 4 inch pvc instead of 6 inch steal casing? Should i have them push the jaswell seal down and shut off the second fracture then hydrofrac it if needed? And my second option is to extend the casing, but there's only so much you can extend. I really hope someone could help me out and appreciate you answering. thanks a million.

EmyJ

Reaction score
jaswell seal ensures integrity of well bore hole, stops sand and shale from entering bore hole, eliminates onctaminants from underground water sources, seals out surface water from under casing. I have one WC-4.OX6.2P

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
If they grouted the Jaswell seal and liner in place it will difficult if not impossible to move.

Extending the casing is going to almost impossible, that would mean pulling the casing, reaming the hole, setting casing again and then cleaning out the well to TD.

As for the higher static level, it's possible that the fracture they sealed off was taking water, now that that fracture is behind the liner your static has risen.

I'd have a bacteria, chemical & VOC analysis done on the water and proceed from there. For the most accurate analysis I only trust local, state approved water testing labs, you should too.

Reach4

Reaction score
Eversince they installed the Jaswell seal, i noticed the water level was like 2 to 3 feet below the surface,
How high is the top of the 4 inch PVC?

Is there a pitless, or what?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
As for the higher static level, it's possible that the fracture they sealed off was taking water, now that that fracture is behind the liner your static has risen.
I agree that the water was most likely going out through the fracture keeping the static level low. If the level rises to the point of overflow, you can place a seal at the top.

chun

Reaction score
I agree that the water was most likely going out through the fracture keeping the static level low. If the level rises to the point of overflow, you can place a seal at the top.
what kind of seal? if put a seal, it's gonna be under pressure and be dangerous right? the contractor refuse to push the sleeve down to cover the other fracture nor he would extend the casing. He said just drill a hole and drain the water to the catch basin. does this sound right? Maybe he doesn't want to do all this work

chun

Reaction score
How high is the top of the 4 inch PVC?

Is there a pitless, or what?
pvc is below the pitless adaptor. pitless adapter is 1 feet above ground and top of 6 inch steel casing is 2 feet above ground. the top of pvc is exactly at ground level.

chun

Reaction score
If they grouted the Jaswell seal and liner in place it will difficult if not impossible to move.

Extending the casing is going to almost impossible, that would mean pulling the casing, reaming the hole, setting casing again and then cleaning out the well to TD.

I'd have a bacteria, chemical & VOC analysis done on the water and proceed from there. For the most accurate analysis I only trust local, state approved water testing labs, you should too.

the jaswell was not grouted. i'm really had enough of the well if the overflowing is gonna be a problem i'm gonna decomission it. i rather not live in fear every day

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
what kind of seal? if put a seal, it's gonna be under pressure and be dangerous right?
Roughly every half foot of static water column above the top of the casing is 1 PSI so if the water level rose 4 feet that would be around 2 PSI, probably not likely to be dangerous. They make seals to stop wells from overflowing if you have nowhere to divert the overflow to.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks