water leaks back into well

Users who are viewing this thread

mike3232

Reaction score
I have a Myers jet pump on my well. Pump will run till gauge gets to 55 or so then stops. Pressure will slowly drop for about 8 min til it gets down to 35 and pump kicks on and runs back up. This happens when their is no leaks or water use in the house. A well guy came out and said I probably had a bad valve in the well allowing water to drain back into well. I live in MN so ground is frozen and he suggested I put up with it until thaw and then I could have it repaired if I wanted. Is there any other options either temporary or permanent? The pump running every 8 min may drive me nuts before spring!!
Thanks

mike3232

Reaction score
I forgot to mention there is no well pipe or stump above ground outside. The jet pump is in the basement and nothing is above ground outside

Speedbump

Reaction score
If it is a shallow well jet pump, (one pipe going to well) you can install a check valve at the pump. I don't like doing that for sanitary reasons, but it will remedy your problem. I would like to add temporarilly since it is really not a good thing to do.

bob...

mike3232

Reaction score
Thanks Bob
My pump has two pipes coming in from well. In this case am I out of luck until
spring or are there any other options???

Speedbump

Reaction score
Keep lots of air in the tank to get the maximum drawdown. If not, your motor is going to have a shortened life.

Also if the power goes out, you may have a real time of it trying to reprime the pump without the aid of a neighbors hose to backpressure the system.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks