Water leak where city line comes into basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Pktaske

Reaction score
So I have a slow but steady drip right at the point where the pipe enters the house. It's actually going right into the French drain. They want $2800 to excavate and repair and $1500 (optional) if i wanted to run a new pipe to the street.

I've excavated a leaking well pump line in my other house myself so I'm not averse to doing it again but in that case, I didn't have to worry about working on a pipe with actual water pressure going through it so I'm not sure how that is addressed.

Also, since the leak is right at the wall, can't they just put a sleeve in it? I'm not asking this to try to be a cheapskate, just out of curiosity.

See pic. Thanks....

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 83

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
If Im looking at the leak ? then there is no need to dig anything . Sleeve what do you mean a coupling? Your water company can turn off water for you so repairs can be done

Pktaske

Reaction score
The guy said the leak was in the pipe coming into the house (in the wall or close to the house on the outside).

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Id call water company ask about having them shut it down. but the hard part is the digging

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks