Water in kitchen floor, where is it coming from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Angela Hutton

Reaction score
No dishwasher. My husband has dementia. Can't get him to not use the sink or even the toilet that doesn't work. Three separate problems. Toilet, sink, drain. Woe is me.

The first plumber that showed up yesterday, looked under the kitchen sink. He said everything would have to be replaced. A big job that he didn't want to do. He suggested sealant, as that's what we used before. It worked for awhile before, but quit working. Neither he, nor the drain expert could find a leak at the drain, but water in the floor says otherwise. The toilet is a separate matter, apparently. No one will touch it till the floor under it is fixed.

Angela Hutton

Reaction score
Since the plumber didn't want to touch the sink, and suggested using sealant tried that again. Let it dry overnight, and taped it up with gorilla tape the next morning. It didn't leak at first, but too good to be true. When I got home from work, it was a little damp. Sprayed it with sealant again. Waiting for it to dry. And will use more gorilla tape tomorrow. Pretty sure will have to replace it all, eventually. And that's just one problem. Still have the bad toilet and the bad drain.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Angela, if you belong to a church you might ask for help there. There are always people that know how to do repairs and will help those in need. My mother had dementia and it is not easy to live with. Stay safe.

Angela Hutton

Reaction score
I taped up the pipe under the sink again. It still leaks. Today when I let the water out of the sink, it drained into the kitchen floor from a spot in the wall. I've got yet another plumber coming to look at it tomorrow.

Angela Hutton

Reaction score
I'm not sure. The plumber fixed the sink ($500, worth it to me). He checked the pipes in the wall. Didn't find anything. It hasn't happened since. "knock on wood"

Angela Hutton

Reaction score
So far so good. Even the toilet does not seem to be clogged up anymore. Could probably get son to fix the insides and it would probably work again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks