Water Heater Prices

Users who are viewing this thread

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Inflation rate in May 2021 had the highest per month increase in the last 3 decades.
However, new natural gas water heaters are up 10% or more in the last month, at least out here.
Example: A new basic 40 gallon N/Gas ultra low NOX, with 6 yr warranty goes for around $650 +tx.

What do you do?
One answer is to pay the asking price and another answer is to start saving for your next WH the day you buy your new heater now.

How do you handle this situation?

Glennhvac

Reaction score
Just bounced in checking a thread on picking water heaters straight up. Think I'll end up screwing something to the old one. Anyway on prices, just heard sheet metal going up 20% next month. A couple weeks ago my scrap guys came for a pickup. I have known them almost 40 years and he was eyeing the only thing I save to sell. He said scrap copper ( no solder or joints ) has only been higher once that he can recall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks