Water Heater Pilot Won't Stay Lit

Users who are viewing this thread

NKaufman

Reaction score
After your post 15 you said it was working fine im glad it works now but raising temp today has no effect on the piolet light staying on the last 15 hours or so, it should run for weeks/ monthes turned way down or on vacation or pilot mode

In post 12 I'd mentioned that
As soon as I put the cover back, the pilot light goes out as the cover touches wires and thermcouple and might messes up the position.

That didn't happen after post #15. Pilot lit up, we put cover back etc. And it seemed to work.

Raised temp this morning to listen if burner comes on after the cover was put on and thermocouple/wires got displaced and it seems to do so.
I can't see pilot light as the cover is on there and I don't want to just mess things up

Hope that clarifies

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
great ! i just thought you implied turning up knob fixed it, i do the same thing to test if main burner will ignite, good luck

NKaufman

Reaction score
Glad things are sorted.
Written communication sometimes is hard :)

I will keep this board updated so that others could check this issue before going the costly route of replacing Gas Valve, the one for my model costs $200

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks