Water Heater pic piping

Users who are viewing this thread

George McShane

Reaction score
Hey Terry

Today the pvc pipe popped off the water heater causing quite the mess. I have put back in but I am not sure if it is safe to put the water back on again. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,899

Flapper

Reaction score
What popped off? Thread connection between pipe and water heater or glue joint between pipe and fitting?

Flapper

Reaction score
that's weird; that must be a bad joint. It shouldn't've popped off if welded correctly. You can't just push it back on, it will pop off again. You need to glue (solvent weld) it back together.

Or alternatively you can cut the two pipes and replace them with water heater flexes. This would be quickest and easiest and it also solves the problem of having the CPVC connected directly to the water heater.
7ee269ec-4c50-4c82-aefc-bfce989dfb8c_400.jpg
You'd chop both pipes at a good location and push these on, and then just connect them to the water heater.
Though it looks like the CPVC has a male adapter and the water heater has female. You could use nipples or instead you could use a hose like this:
cf08ed31-97d0-465b-8ff6-dc288fdd315f_1000.jpg with adapters like this: abe1c44f-b735-4dd1-880b-fd5b6f0e1fa7_400.jpg
So the male end of the hose screws into the female sockets of the water heater and the female end of the hose goes on the male adapter which connects to the pipes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks