Water heater on the fritz... Tub damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

MTy

Reaction score
Just finished renovating my master bathroom. Filled the 60 gallon acrylic soaker for the first time last night. After about half fill water turned yellow/brownish murky color. Also left a similar color film at the water line. Thankfully I was able to clean the film off.

I'm thinking it's iron or sediment from the heater. It's 50 gallon electric AO Smith, about 8 years old. Question is can it stain my tub if I continue to use it until I replace the heater?

I would be replacing it this coming weekend if dumb and dumber at Homers hadn't dropped my new heat pump water heater on it's side while loading it on to a box truck... :mad:It had a ramp, how hard can it be?

The heater is out of stock so don't know when I can order a new one. Maybe flushing the old heater could buy me more time?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Put a hose on your water heater and get it flushed out. That should help a lot in the meantime.

As far as dropping the new tank, they are kind of heavy. It's always nice when there is a second set of hands for that.

MTy

Reaction score
Put a hose on your water heater and get it flushed out. That should help a lot in the meantime.

As far as dropping the new tank, they are kind of heavy. It's always nice when there is a second set of hands for that.
Thanks. I thought that might help.

There were two Homers associates, and they weren't small guys either, loading it and they had a pallet jack and the truck a ramp, should have been simple. I knew you shouldn't get advise at Homers but you'd think they could load a truck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks