Water Heater Code Question

Users who are viewing this thread

besi0004

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting. I want to make sure that my plumber is not taking advantage of my situation and I knew you could help me. :)

We are having some minor plumbing issues addressed as part of the the sale of our home.

I had a plumber come in and he walked around my open basement (we are in a bungalow) pointing out things that should be fixed.

One of the things he quoted as needing to be done is to install a tempering valve at the hot water tank.

The previous owner had the tank professionally installed years ago and the tank does have a dial to control how hot the water can get.

My question is do I need to be spending the 400$ to have him install this tempering valve to meet code or is the dial on the heater sufficient?

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Millions upon millions of water heaters do NOT have mixing valves on them. They are only needed when you are running the heater at a very high temperature and use the valve to make the water safe to use. HE is trying to "scam" you and therefore, you have to suspect EVERYTHING he tells you that has to be done.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks