Water Hammer Arrestor - 1/2" Threads

Users who are viewing this thread

darinSD

Reaction score
I installed a Woodbridge Bidet toilet, and it uses a 1/2" MIP thread to connect to the toilet.

Ref here:

You can see the 1/2" braided hose in the second pic on the left side. While I can certainly sweat in a WHA, I would rather thread a 1/2" MIP to 1/2" FIP type, which I don't know if it exists or not. I have seen 3/8" style, but not 1/2" style. Ive also looked thru the entire Sioux Chief catalog with no results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone!
Darin

RIP Terry.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Interesting.. never heard of that manufacture before. What is the water hammer arrestor for in the installation of a toilet?

But here is a 1/2 MIP water hammer arrestor. Its sold by proflo, but I would bet money that its manufactured by Sioux Chief.

PFXWHATD

darinSD

Reaction score
Interesting.. never heard of that manufacture before. What is the water hammer arrestor for in the installation of a toilet?

But here is a 1/2 MIP water hammer arrestor. Its sold by proflo, but I would bet money that its manufactured by Sioux Chief.

PFXWHATD
Thank you for the info.

The toilet has a huge thump every time the inlet valve opens which activates the siphon. Its annoyingly loud.

For the WHA, i was hoping to get a male to female inline type, which I have yet to find in 1/2" MIP/FIP threads.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score

PFXWHATD
Not sure about this guy's toilet, but one of those pictures in his link shows a booster pump in this toilet. Lol wtf?

darinSD

Reaction score
Not sure about this guy's toilet, but one of those pictures in his link shows a booster pump in this toilet. Lol wtf?
These toilets need a minimum level of water pressure to properly function. I guess having that booster pump would solve the problem if your supply is too low.

I never noticed that image before. That's really funny. :)

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toto Neorest units use a pump for flushing too. They store a small amount of water and then use a pump to push it down the bowl. They have to do it in order to keep the fresh water separated from the poopy water side. Tho the Toto also has a pull cord that you can use in case the power goes out.. also a battery back up.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thank you for the info.

The toilet has a huge thump every time the inlet valve opens which activates the siphon. Its annoyingly loud.

For the WHA, i was hoping to get a male to female inline type, which I have yet to find in 1/2" MIP/FIP threads.
Does it thump when the pump starts? Or when the pump shuts down? Water hammer occurs when the water momentum stops due to a fast closing valve.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
The pump is for the sprayer? That's it's backflow device? Is there a upc stamp on this idea?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
ipc , irc , upc , and other approvals I think the pump is because there is no tank and it needs a blast of water . but in any case evedently the toilet works is probebly legal but he wants to add a hammer arrestor . so just buy one that comes connected to an anglestop?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think that is likely the valve opening that creates the flush. Again, not familiar with that brand but the Neorest that its modeled after has some mechanical valves that open to create the flush and they do make some noise as the pressure is released.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I never seen these , if anyone cares there is some info on it the pump is an ADD ON so Im not sure his has a pump . but again if he wants an arrestor well I suppose its easy

darinSD

Reaction score
I never seen these , if anyone cares there is some info on it the pump is an ADD ON so Im not sure his has a pump . but again if he wants an arrestor well I suppose its easy
I am going to try the WHA and see if there is any benefit. Cheap and easy fix if it works.

Reach4

Reaction score
The thump is upon initial valve opening when the flush first goes. Would a WHA not help with that?
I would not think so. Water hammer occurs when water comes to a stop quickly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks