Water gravity flow

Users who are viewing this thread

R Santos

Reaction score
Hello - I am hoping you can help me with a question about water gravity flow.

I have a 10,000 gallon water storage tank 150' above my house and a 5000 gallon tank 100' above the house. Both gravity feed to the house from separate lines that meet at a tee.

My question is, will the higher tank's higher pressure line prevent the lower tank's water from emptying because it's line pressure is lower?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think the higher tank will make the lower tank overflow. You can use a check valve coming out of the lower tank to prevent this from happening. But the only time the lower tank will supply any water is when the upper tank is empty.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IF you ran the upper tank as the inlet of the lower tank, you'd have a stepped pressure...higher until the upper tank emptied, then lower when the lower tank was the only source.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks